Yamil,

Please let us know what you decide to do and how it works, either for short
term or long term. I haven't heard of anyone else doing something like what
you want to do, but I can see how it would be useful in various situations.

Terran

Terran McCanna
PINES Program Manager
Georgia Public Library Service
1800 Century Place, Suite 150
Atlanta, GA 30345
404-235-7138
tmcca...@georgialibraries.org

On Thu, Jun 21, 2018 at 5:26 PM, Yamil Suarez <ysua...@berklee.edu> wrote:

> Thank you Terran, Elaine, and Dan,
>
> I really appreciate all your suggestions.
>
> - Terran, your approach may be the quickest thing we can do for the first
> run, or even permanently.
>
> - Elaine, I had never used surveys in EG, I will look into them.
>
> - Dan, thanks for your ideas. I initially was wondering if I could use a
> ".tt2" file within the "myopac" code to essentially toggle the "barred" or
> "inactive" actor.usr column value to prevent circulation, until the patrons
> had read/acknowledged the agreement. Though up to know I have not learned
> enough about the restrictions in the EG Code base that may prevent a user
> to trigger a change to that column for their own record. I see why you
> suggested a standing penalty. Also, I would need to learn how to write the new
> middle-layer method if I decide on that approach. If I do I will bring it
> up on IRC or the dev list.
>
> Thank you all again for your help,
> Yamil
>

> --------------------------------
>
> Yamil Suarez, MCS
> Associate Director of Library Systems & Web Development
>
> Stan Getz Library
> Berklee College of Music
> 1140 Boylston St
> <https://maps.google.com/?q=1140+Boylston+St+Boston,+MA+02215&entry=gmail&source=g>
> Boston, MA 02215
> <https://maps.google.com/?q=1140+Boylston+St+Boston,+MA+02215&entry=gmail&source=g>
>
> ysua...@berklee.edu
> 617-747-2617
>
> pronouns: he/his/him
>
> On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 5:56 PM, Daniel Wells <dbwe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello Yamil,
>>
>> This sounds like a fun and very doable project.  Just spitballing:
>>
>> 1) From what I can understand, the conceptual requirement is a flag which
>> can both block circulation (etc.) and be changeable by the user (on their
>> own account).  We certainly have things which do one or the other, but it's
>> out the ordinary for these two attributes to go together, and I can't think
>> of anything existing which could meet both sides of this need.  I would
>> therefore suggest a new standing penalty of "agreement not acknowledged"
>> (or whatever), then a very simple middle-layer method to allow a user to
>> remove this penalty from only themselves.
>> 2) As far as the UI, I'd go for an exclusive modal box of some sort to
>> appear over the "my opac" page for anyone with this penalty, then have the
>> checkbox or "agree" button run this new middle-layer method (and refresh
>> the page).
>>
>> In essence, once in place, anyone who doesn't have this penalty must have
>> logged in and agreed at some point.
>>
>> Good luck!
>> Dan
>>

>> On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 5:09 PM, Elaine Hardy <
>> eha...@georgialibraries.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Would using the survey function work? We use that to indicate if the
> [...]
>>> 404.548.4241 Cell