Jane-- Thanks for suggesting this. This is exactly what we would want at
Niagara College.

Bianca

-----Original Message-----
From: Open-ils-general <open-ils-general-boun...@list.georgialibraries.org> On
Behalf Of Jane Sandberg
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2018 10:31 AM
To: Evergreen Discussion Group <open-ils-general@list.georgialibraries.org>
Subject: Re: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Reminder: Student Success Working Group

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 6:41 AM, Jason Stephenson <ja...@sigio.com> wrote:
> What would be better than all of these useful scripts floating around
> would be if someone would fund development for batch patron loading in
> the client.

I agree that a GUI batch loader would be very helpful.  However, several
libraries need to batch load these patrons on a daily basis, since students may
start programs at various times throughout the semester.  So the nightly cron
job script approach is pretty important for these cases, and I think it would
be nice if there were a more standard way in Evergreen to do that particular
approach.

I'm wondering if we might consider including a very general, flexible patron
batch import/update script in the support-scripts directory.
Thoughts?

--
Jane Sandberg
Electronic Resources Librarian