Hello all,

I finally configured a proof-of-concept iSCSI target to export a root-
FS and have an iSCSI initiator PXE boot into the root image ... all
done in CentOS 5.1 for both target and root.

I have been trying to read the docs and mans for the target as well as
initiator configuration files, and I'm unable to somehow figure out
how to (and if it is at all feasible) configure the following
scenarios (please note my evironment is just a lab, so performance is
not an issue, just a QA lab to configure for functional type testing):

iSCSI target -->  CentOS with lots of storage and I was hoping to
provide iSCSI root-images to many clients, they root-images will be
available as follows, for example if I have 3 clients, I'll configure
my root as:
(where iscsiRootX is a dd file that contains a prep'edup root
filesystem when client mounts the block device)

Lun0 - /export/images/clienta/iscsiRootA
Lun1 - /export/images/clientb/iscsiRootB
Lun2 /export/images/clientc/iscsiRootC

iSCSI initiator --> the server will PXE boot and its PXE configuration
file will point to the appropriate Root-image, for example Lun0 - for
clienta, Lun1 - for clientb, etc.

But it seems that the /etc/ietd.conf file of the iscsi-target does not
have parameters that let you specify on a "per LUN basis" a specific
SCSI-initiator that solely can access it?

Or am I missing something?  ... am still googling, but wanted to post,
in case someone else has already configured this flawlessly in their
lab ...

thanks in advance!

Best,

Vince