Sorry, the prints were in the syslog. The kernel is version
2.6.24-rc7bidi_02 #5 Fri Jun 6 13:12:08 EDT 2008 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux.
The open-iscsi is version iscsiadm version 2.0-869. The code came from a 3rd
party who supposedly got it from open-iscsi.org.

Here is a snip from syslog (note that Wireshark shows that the connection is
not failing ... I get a FIN from open-iscsi):

 Jun 16 08:41:28 localhost iscsid: connect failed (113)
 Jun 16 08:42:33 localhost iscsid:last message repeated 11 times
 Jun 16 08:42:47 localhost iscsid:last message repeated 2 times
 Jun 16 08:42:47 localhost kernel:  session4: iscsi: session recovery timed
out after 120 secs
 Jun 16 08:43:20 localhost iscsid: connect failed (111)
 Jun 16 08:44:17 localhost iscsid:last message repeated 14 times
 Jun 16 08:44:17 localhost iscsid: received iferror -38
 Jun 16 08:44:17 localhost iscsid: connection4:0 is operational after
recovery (34 attempts)
 Jun 16 08:46:36 localhost kernel: ping timeout of 5 secs expired, last rx
3649030, last ping 3650280, now 3651530
 Jun 16 08:46:36 localhost kernel:  connection4:0: iscsi: detected conn
error (1011)
 Jun 16 08:46:37 localhost iscsid: Kernel reported iSCSI connection 4:0
error (1011) state (3)
 Jun 16 08:47:07 localhost iscsid: connect failed (113)
 Jun 16 08:48:11 localhost iscsid:last message repeated 11 times
 Jun 16 08:48:36 localhost iscsid:last message repeated 4 times
 Jun 16 08:48:36 localhost kernel:  session4: iscsi: session recovery timed
out after 120 secs
 Jun 16 08:48:36 localhost kernel: iscsi: cmd 0x7f is not queued (8)
 Jun 16 08:48:42 localhost iscsid: connect failed (113)
 Jun 16 08:49:43 localhost iscsid:last message repeated 10 times
 Jun 16 08:50:49 localhost iscsid:last message repeated 11 times
 Jun 16 08:51:50 localhost iscsid:last message repeated 10 times
 Jun 16 08:52:51 localhost iscsid:last message repeated 10 times
 Jun 16 08:53:52 localhost iscsid:last message repeated 10 times
 Jun 16 08:54:53 localhost iscsid:last message repeated 10 times

Eddy