Michael wrote:
> I'm trying to implement the automatic login, by doing:
> iscsiadm -m node -T <targetname> --op update -n node.startup -v
> automatic
>
> When I run this after inserting the proper target name, it seems to
> work fine.  But when I do: service open-iscsi restart, I get:
>
> Setting up iSCSI targets: iscsiadm: iface iter could not stat /etc/
> iscsi/nodes/<target name>/10.3.2.7,3260 (I didn't feel like typing the
> whole target name).
> iscsiadm: Could not log into all portals.  Err 19.
>
> Why can't I log in automatically?  When I attempt to log in manually
> right after this it works fine:
> iscsiadm -m node -T <targetname> -p 10.3.2.7:3260 -l
>
> Anyone know what's going on?

What version of open-iscsi are you using? Did it come from
open-iscsi.org or a distro? If it is a distro could you send the
open-iscsi script from /etc/init.d/open-iscsi?

I just tried it real quick with open-iscsi-2.0-869.2 and it worked ok here.

Also after you run the command to set automatic startup could you run:

iscsiadm -m node -L automatic -d 8

and send all the output (the init script should just be doing that
command, so this will dump out a lot of debugging info)?