Ok, I ran the command I previously noted to set automatic startup,
then ran the command you suggested, with this output:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# iscsiadm -m node -L automatic -d 8
iscsiadm: Max file limits 1024 1024

iscsiadm: searching <target name>

iscsiadm: found 10.3.2.7,3260,-1

iscsiadm: iface iter could not stat /etc/iscsi/nodes/<target name>/
10.3.2.7,3260.
iscsiadm: Could not log into all portals. Err 19.

I'm on another computer typing all this manually, so I didn't actually
write the target name here.