HIMANSHU wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am asking very basic,simple question here.I am using "iscsi-
> initiator-utils-6.2.0.865-0.2.fc7".
>
> iscsiadm -m discovery -t sendtargets -p ip:port
>
> It says that "ip:port" should be specified.It worked with 'machine
> name' stead of 'ip' also.
>
> iscsiadm -m node -T targetname -p ip:port --login
>
> But login command didn't work with replacing 'ip' by 'machine name'.
>
> What should I do? is it way to login by 'machine name'.otherwise I
> will have to disallow discovery using 'machine name'.

You know this is why I replaced all logins in all my scripts to
just do:
        iscsiadm -m discovery -t sendtargets -p ip:port

This way I avoid this problems and other. (Like have to do
discovery cycle once and keep state).

That said, it is a bug in -m node that does not try too
hard in finding compatible/name-resolution entries. If you do
need the iscsiadm -m node on persistent discoveries then
yes it needs to be fixed.

(Last time I checked)
Boaz