Hannes Reinecke wrote:
> Mike Christie wrote:
>> Hannes Reinecke wrote:
> [ .. ]
>>> Fsck. You are correct.
>>>
>> But you still might be hitting a problem where the target does not like
>> data-outs when it closed the window. Maybe they interpreted the RFC
>> differently. You should ask the HP target guys for more info.
>>
>> Also your patch might be working because I think it ends up throttling
>> the connection, so IO does not timeout because pipes are backed up (the
>> slow down from the throttling is one of the problems we hit with the
>> patch I did before which was pretty much the same as you posted).
>>
> I actually had quite good results with it, so it can't be too bad :-)
> IE the test HPs running continued for over a day, whereas previously
> it'd stall after some hours.

Yeah, I saw the bz update too.

I tested your patch out here localy just to double check that is works
like what we had before. With a istor target write throughput goes from
50 MB/s to 15 MB/s. It eventually dies (ping timeout) because the window
is closed and it does not open until we finish sending the data-outs for
the currently running commands. So READs are just fine. We hit the
window closed check but we continue to make progress on the READs
because data-ins are processed like normal and the window opens back up
as commands are completed.

So someone is doing something screwy. I am testing a EQL box locally now
and will try some others just to double check.