snip ips list.

Julian Satran wrote:
> some answers in text
>
> ips-boun...@ietf.org wrote on 11/08/2009 23:56:10:

>> Mike Christie <mchri...@redhat.com>

>> i...@ietf.org, Hannes Reinecke <h...@suse.de>, open-iscsi <open-
>> is...@googlegroups.com>

>> 11/08/2009 23:57

>> [Ips] lun reset and r2t error handling
>>
>> Sent by:
>>
>> ips-boun...@ietf.org
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> For a single connection session with ERL=0 and without FastAbort, if the
>
>> initiator has sent a lun reset task management function and the target
>> has sent a R2T, is it ok for the target to send a task management
>> response with Function Complete, before the initiator has sent the
>> data-out pdus for the R2T? It looks like the reason the target will do
>> this is due to a internal target timeout (target did not get the
>> data-outs within some timeout period).
>>
>> If the target does return the task management function with Function
>> Complete, should the initiator continue to respond to the R2Ts?
>>

> The initiator doesn't have to send more data but since more data may be
> still in flight
> it shouldn't harm to send a "terminating" Dataout. Target should behave OK
> in both cases.

Ok I was wrong.

To handle this we need to modify your patches to handle if sendpage or
the iser or cxgb3i equivalent wants to return a failure.

I am not sure how to do this nicely. I will do some thinking. Feel free
to send a patch or post an idea before me. I have to help the qlogic and
beiscsi guys real quick.