Hi - I am running into problems utilizing two NICs in an iSCSI setup
for multipath IO. The setup involves a Linux server (Ubuntu 9.10
Server) with two Broadcom NetXtreme II GbE NICs connected to two
separate switches on a single subnet, which is dedicated to EqualLogic
SAN access.

I have setup two iface definitions using the following steps.

  - iscsiadm -m iface -I eth4 --op=new
  - iscsiadm -m iface -I eth5 --op=new
  - iscsiadm -m iface -I eth4 --op=update -n iface.net_ifacename -v
eth4
  - iscsiadm -m iface -I eth5 --op=update -n iface.net_ifacename -v
eth5

I have also tried specifying the MAC addresses explicitly with no
change in behavior.

Discovery was performed with the following command and worked as
expected, generating node entries for both interfaces.

- iscsiadm -m discovery -t st -p xx.xx.xx.xx:3260 -I eth4 -I eth5

Up to this point everything looks good. And I have no trouble logging
one interface into the desired target. However attempts to login the
second interface always result in a time out. The message is

  iscsiadm: Could not login to [iface: eth4, target: <target>, portal:
xx.xx.xx.xx,3260]:
  iscsiadm: initiator reported error (8 - connection timed out)

The problem is not specific to one interface. I am able to login with
either one. I just can't seem to login with both at the same time.

I am using the open-iscsi package that ships with the Ubuntu distro
(open-iscsi 2.0.870.1-0ubuntu12).

I have another server on the same network, with identical hardware and
iSCSI configuration, that is working properly. The only difference is
that the other server is running CentOS 5.4 and using the initiator
that ships with that distro (iscsi-initiator-utils
6.2.0.871-0.10.el5).

If anyone could provide any guidance on how to further diagnose, and
hopefully solve, this problem, it would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

Jim