On 02/24/2010 10:04 AM, Or Gerlitz wrote:
Mike Christie wrote:
So is there anything in there that is static and can be used to identify the
port?

With srp you can bind a target to a rnic port, right (from srp_add_port
it looks like the add_target file is on the srp classes rnic port
object)? In userspace for the setup then how do you make sure that
across boots the target is accessed through the same port? Is the
ib_device->name and the port persistent?

Yes, the struct ib_device->name and the ports of this device are persistent.
The NIC device name may change as of udev, hot-plugs etc. As for making sure
that across boots we go through the same physical source point for the path, you
probably have a point here which we can solve for iser if we go on the
hwaddress as the identifier of the iscsi interface, thoughts?

I am fine with either. The netdev name (ethX) also has the same problems where udev can change it. It is there for aliases or vlans where we cannot use hwaddress since multiple netdevs have the same MAC.

Do you have similar issues with ib device names?

What about bonding? Can you use bonding/trunking with iser? Is that going to cause troubles?