On 02/25/2010 11:24 PM, Mike Christie wrote:
All in all, when non default interface is needed/used (e.g for
multipathing), I am quite sure we need to have some sort of source ip
for iser in ep_connect, please let me know what you think would be the
easy/best or close to either of (...) way to have that.

Do you mean you need a src IP for rdma_resolve_addr? If so, if you have
a src ip, can you override what rdma_resolve_addr gives you for cases
like where you have two ports on the same subnet?

Oh yeah, if you are wondering, for iscsi_tcp iface binding there is a sockopt to tell the network layer to forget what it would do (use the route table) normally, and instead send IO through the netdev we pass it. So in userspace we use the netdev we have from iface.net_ifacename or match the MAC with a netdev and then pass that to the sockopt. Do you have something similar for ib?