On 03/18/2010 08:58 AM, FUJITA Tomonori wrote:

- You invent your hardware specific data structure for the simplest
   operation such as setting IP address.

I think this is what Jay is not trying to do. I think the patch has some extra code like the ISCSI_BSG_HST_VENDOR parts that makes it confusing - it got me too. The ISCSI_BSG_HST_VENDOR code in be2iscsi looks like it is basically disabled (should remove for a formal patch when he sends for merging).

It looks like there is a common struct iscsi_bsg_common_format that is getting passed around, and then in be2iscsi the driver is using that info to make a be2iscsi specific command. So scsi_transport_iscsi / ISCSI_SET_IP_ADDR / iscsi_bsg_common_format gets translated by b2iscsi to b2iscsi / OPCODE_COMMON_ISCSI_NTWK_MODIFY_IP_ADDR / be_modify_ip_addr.

So the approach using a common struct/cmd is ok with me, and if we can get a struct format works for everyone (qla4xxx, be2iscsi, cxgb4i) then I am fine.