On 12/16/2010 07:44 PM, Mike Christie wrote:
On 12/16/2010 07:01 PM, Mike Christie wrote:
On 12/15/2010 03:21 PM, Mike Christie wrote:
# iscsiadm -m session -P 3

The iscsiadm -m session output does not rely on udev or anything that
udev creates like the /dev nodes. iscsiadm just reads sysfs. The missing
output could be due to a change in the sysfs layout again. Could you
send me your kernel .config?

Ah weird. If I added

CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED=y
CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED_V2=y

and I can hit the iscsiadm -m session -P 3 problem. It is strange that
we work with the new layout but not the old one for once. The
iscsi_sysfs/sysfs.c code just needs a tweaking. Looking into it now.

If you do not enable the depreciated settings it should work.

Hey, wait. If I am putting CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED=y does that mean that
the sysfs layout should have the old layout and not change?

It looks like the problem patch is this one.
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=39aba963d937edb20db7d9d93e6dda5d2adfdcdd

However, I think in general the iscsi tools are using sysfs incorrectly. I think I need to use the sysfs code udev is using.