Hi all,

I'm looking to globally adjust my session timeouts dynamically, if possible.  I
have found that if I adjust /etc/iscsi/iscsid.conf and change the following two
values and then run `iscsiadm -m  discovery -t st -p <portal_ip_here>`, it will
use whatever is in iscsid.conf and update the database files in
/var/lib/iscsi/nodes/etc..etc../iface0 and iface1 (or however many more ifaces
you have).

So here's what I've done:

1) see what the timeouts are currently set to for my first session:

[root@oim61024005 ~]#  iscsiadm -m session -r 1 -o show | grep noop
node.conn[0].timeo.noop_out_interval = 15
node.conn[0].timeo.noop_out_timeout = 15

2) adjust iscsid.conf with new values
[root@oim61024005 ~]# grep noop /etc/iscsi/iscsid.conf
node.conn[0].timeo.noop_out_interval = 5
node.conn[0].timeo.noop_out_timeout = 5

3) run my global discovery:
[root@oim61024005 ~]# iscsiadm -m discovery -t st -p 192.168.1.48 > /dev/null

4) verify that session 1 now shows the new timeouts:
[root@oim61024005 ~]#  iscsiadm -m session -r 1 -o show | grep noop
node.conn[0].timeo.noop_out_interval = 5
node.conn[0].timeo.noop_out_timeout = 5
[root@oim61024005 ~]#

Can others verify if this actually updates the values dynamically?

Do I need to logout and back in in order for them to take affect?  If so, does
that mean that the database representation is not in sync with what is running
in memory?

Thanks,
Joe