I think overall this is ok. Thank you for working on this.

Some comments below.

On 02/25/2011 04:56 AM, Vikas Chaudhary wrote:
struct iscsi_net_param {
         uint32_t param_type; /* enum iscsi_net_param */
         uint32_t iface_type; /* IPv4 or IPv6 */
         uint32_t iface_num; /* iface number, 0 - n */
         uint32_t length; /* Actual length of the param */
         uint32_t offset; /* For param with length>  256 */

I did not understand the offset value.

         uint8_t value[256]; /* max is 223 iscsi name */ }
__attribute__((packed));

I think you can just dynamically allocate the value.

We did not do this for other events/params, because they are needed for the reconnection. For the case where we could not allocate memory and are trying to reconnect a sessions that the vm is trying to write pages out to, then having the set value size made it simple to preallocate param/event structs.

For setup there is not need to preallocate.

} __attribute__((packed));

2.1.3 New parameters in iface
Added following params:-

  typedef struct iface_rec {
         struct list_head        list;
         /* iscsi iface record name */
         char                    name[ISCSI_MAX_IFACE_LEN];
+       char                    iface_num[ISCSI_MAX_STR_LEN];

What is the iface_num? Is that a unique id? If so what is allocating/managing that iface number id space or what is it based on then? Is the id/num also global or does each host have its own id space?

If it is just a integer then why the string definition?

         /* network layer iface name (eth0) */
         char                    netdev[IFNAMSIZ];
         char                    ipaddress[NI_MAXHOST];
+       char                    subnet_mask[NI_MAXHOST];
+       char                    gateway[NI_MAXHOST];
+       char                    bootproto[ISCSI_MAX_STR_LEN];
+       char                    ipv6_linklocal[NI_MAXHOST];
+       char                    ipv6_router[NI_MAXHOST];
+       char                    autocfg[NI_MAXHOST];
+       char                    vlan[ISCSI_MAX_STR_LEN];
+       char                    state[ISCSI_MAX_STR_LEN]; /* 0 = disable,
+                                                          * 1 = enable */

Is this really just meant to be 0 or 1 or was it going to be a string and have more values?