On 07/17/2011 05:55 AM, Vivek S wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think the iscsiadm command line syntax should be simpler and easy to
> reproduce without having to look up the man page for the meaning of each
> option.
>
> It should be something like
>
> iscsiadm --mode discovery --portal 192.168.1.2:3260
> iscsiadm --mode login --targetname iqn.2005-10.com.open-iscsi.test:12345
> --portal 192.168.1.2:3260
> iscsiadm --mode display --parameter session/discoverydb/connection

I am ok with something like this, but you need to support both old style
and new style for some time, because other apps rely on the current syntax.

> Also, in the current (TOT) iscsiadm man page, there is no mention is
> mode discovery whereas iscsiadm --help displays a line for mode discovery
> "iscsiadm -m discovery [ -hV ] [ -d debug_level ] [-P printlevel] [ -t
> type -p ip:port -I ifaceN ... [ -l ] ] | [ [ -p ip:port ] [ -l | -D ] ] "
> What is this mode used for ?

I am not sure what you mean. It is used for discovery. It is in the man
page. I am not sure what TOT stands for. Maybe that is why I am not
understanding your question.

For discovery you can have different types of discovery like isns or
sendtargets. You can pass in the ifaces you want to use for discovery.
You can log into the portals you found.