On 10/21/2011 03:11 PM, Or Gerlitz wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 2:23 AM, Mike Christie <micha...@cs.wisc.edu> wrote:
>> Yeah, Anish is right there is no iscsiadm setup for DCB. It is all done in
>> lldp. I should
>> probably add a line to the readme to tell users to look there.
>
> Mike, Just to make sure I understand the context, DCB vlan ID + pbits

What is pbits?

> and a like setting is targeted for iscsi HW offloads, correct? so this
> info should be known to the kernel iscsi transport when establishing
> the connection, I wasn't sure about the LLDP piece (I'll less familiar
> with it, heads up/pointers will be very helpful), is that the lld
> daemon does some settings towards the kernel and the iscsi code looks
> there? something else? could you recommend what iscsi kernel code I
> should look at to understand what is supported now? thanks,

For the general setup of dcb there have been some discussions. Intel did
a talk at plumbers
http://linuxplumbersconf.org/2011/ocw/proposals/561

Shyam has talked about it at storage summit.

I think they have talked about it on some lists but I did not see
anything when I looked real quick.

But basically right now we do not have a common way to set DCB up for
all drivers. That is the question asked in that plumbers conf and
Shyam's issue with the current situation.

At storage summit I think we talked about maybe making some sort of new
object (like a cna device) that fcoe/iscsi/net/storage drivers could
attach to and export/setup dcb settings from/to. Maybe that could also
be used to handle the problem where storage drivers have to talk to
and/or share code with the network drivers.

I do not know what was settled on at plumbers.