On 11/30/2011 02:31 AM, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Nov 2011 18:42:06 -0600, Mike Christie wrote:
>> Could you send all of the iscsid log you have?
>
> http://bayour.com/misc/ietd.log.txt
> http://bayour.com/misc/iscsid.log.txt
>
>> If you do not use ifaces does it work?
>
> No.

Could you send the iscsid log for that?

>> Did you change the rp_filter?
>
> Ehhh, no? That's the iptables thing? Then no.

No. Something changed in newer kernels, so you have to set that value
now when using ifaces.

The iface binding feature requires the sysctl setting
net.ipv4.conf.default.rp_filter to be set to 0 or 2. This can be set
in /etc/sysctl.conf by having the line:

net.ipv4.conf.default.rp_filter = N

where N is 0 or 2. Note that when setting this you may have to reboot
the box for the value to take effect.

rp_filter information from Documentation/networking/ip-sysctl.txt:

rp_filter - INTEGER
        0 - No source validation.
        1 - Strict mode as defined in RFC3704 Strict Reverse Path
            Each incoming packet is tested against the FIB and if the
interface
            is not the best reverse path the packet check will fail.
            By default failed packets are discarded.
        2 - Loose mode as defined in RFC3704 Loose Reverse Path
            Each incoming packet's source address is also tested against
the FIB
            and if the source address is not reachable via any interface
            the packet check will fail.

However, if this is not even working when not using ifaces that is not
your problem. But you will probably have to set it later when we get the
basics working.

>> Could you also try a newer version of open-iscsi?
>
> I'll try. But it's higly probable that this is a 64bit kernel/32bit
> userland
> problem...

Normally though we would be failing in some iscsi command to the kernel.
In your logs we are failing before we even hit the 32/64 issue. We are
just not able to do a tcp/ip connection. The iscsi login timer
eventually fires, because the connect() to the target just times out.

For these:
iscsid: Cannot resolve host . getaddrinfo error: [Servname not supported
for ai_socktype]
it looks like you either have partially setup iscsi connection/sessions
(maybe due to iscsiadm failing to clean up properly on a failure) or
maybe you are doing something like iscsi root boot and you are using old
tools without also setting CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED=y and
CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED_V2=y in your kernel .config (the new tools
should work instead of building with the depreciated config options).