On Thu, 2011-12-01 at 16:32 -0800, Mike Christie wrote:
> On 12/01/2011 04:46 PM, Eddie Wai wrote:
> > Hello Mike,
> >
> > I found that although the new iface additions of gateway/subnet/etc. are
> > now present in the iface file in rhel6.2 inbox open-iscsi util, however,
> > the particular parameters are not being passed to iscsiuio upon
> > connection request.
> >
> > The problem looks to be related to the iface_rec inside the node_rec
>
> Do you mean the structs in the program or the recs stored in the db?
I mean the iface_rec content inside the node_recs.

> > only contains the previously defined fields and not the entire iface
> > fields.  Unfortunately for us, iscsiuio only gets the iface_rec from the
> > node_rec and not the iface_rec directly from the database...
>
> How does it do this? By running commands to seach the db or are you
> saying iscsid passes it to iscsiuio through the socket?
During when iscsid passes it to iscsiuio through the socket via the
template->set_net_config call on the connect request path.

> > I also notice that any changes to those new iface parameters via the
> > iface -o update would fail to update the node due to the same reason.  I
>
> Yeah, it fails because are you logged into a session using them if I
> understand you right.
Not connected in this case.  Although the iface file itself does get the
change, but because the idbm_recinfo_node doesn't have the field
defined, it errors out like this:
 iscsiadm -m iface -I bnx2i-eth0 -n iface.mtu -v 1500 -o update
iscsiadm: Cannot modify iface.mtu. Invalid param name.
iscsiadm: Could not update iface bnx2i-eth0: invalid parameter

> What are you trying to update at this time?
>
> > think the solution here is to add those new additions to the node_rec as
> > well in idbm.c.
> >
> > I'll provide a patch for that.  Its probably too late for rhel6.2?
> >

> 6.2 is done.
Thanks.