2011/12/15 Mike Christie <micha...@cs.wisc.edu>

> On 12/15/2011 08:34 AM, Sebastian Riemer wrote:
> >
> > After fixing the kernel, there was still a problem in the open-iscsi
> > 2.0.869 user-space from OFED. Some sysfs magic has changed - so that the
> > iSCSI host number couldn't be found.
>
> Did you figure this part out or did your port fix it? The upstream
> kernel sysfs layout/code changed and it broke the iscsi tools. I think
> there should be a depreciated sysfs and depreciated sysfs v2 kernel
> config option for that.
>
> Thanks for the update and info.

I figured that out by "iscsiadm -m session". ;-) I didn't want to activate
the deprecated stuff because it is possible that udev gets a problem then.
I thought it would be better to fix the open-iscsi user-space. I've found a
similar symlink to get the host id from sid.

If I find further problems in sysfs with it I'll do some merging with
2.0.872.

In the kernel the kfifo API has changed >= 2.6.33 and the scsi_host API has
changed >= 2.6.33 and >= 2.6.37.