Hi list,

now, I've got IB/iSER working with sightly modified Linux 3.0
(Infiniband/iSCSI) mainline modules, too.
We need them, because they have much better IPoIB performance than the
ones from OFED-1.5.4.

I've used open-iscsi 2.0.872 (commit
4323e342d2c9fb8ed7233ce855001c189ec55b23) for this.

During login to the Solaris 11 COMSTAR target I had the problem that the
Mellanox IB HCA (mlx4) reported a vendor error:
"iser: iser_drain_tx_cq:tx id ffff88402391f898 status 4 vend_err 57"

This is a "local protection error", Or Gerlitz explained. And of cause
it forced me to reboot, ... .

Backporting the ib_iser module from 3.2 to 3.0 showed that the error was
fixed between 3.0 and 3.2.

We could locate the fix to the following commits:

IB/iser: Support iSCSI PDU padding
IB/iser: Use separate buffers for the login request/response

After cherry-picking them to kernel 3.0.15 in the correct order it
worked. :-)

Thanks to Or Gerlitz for the help!

Cheers,

Sebastian