Im looking for suggestions about maximizing performance when using an RBD
backend (Ceph) over a 10GB Ethernet link.  In my testing, I see the read
throughput max out at about 100Mbyte/second for just about any block sizes
above 4K (below 4K it becomes horribly slow) and write operations are about
40Mbyte/second.

Using librados directly to read from the same backend pool/image yields
much higher numbers, so the issue seems to be in the iscsi/bs_rbd backend.
 Regardless of the data sizes being read, the max thruput I am seeing is
about 80% slower than using librados directly.

thanks,
  Wyllys