I understand how rados and ceph work.  The host being used for iscsi
testing has a direct 10GB link to the cluster which has 6 storage servers
each with 12 4TB drives for a total of 72 OSD and about 288TB total size.
The journals are writing to disk (not SSD).

The problem I was trying to identify was the bottleneck in the iscsi-RBD
chain and I think it is in the TGT-RBD backend since all other combinations
appear to perform OK. Bumping the total threads that tgtd uses to service
iSCSI commands seems to help some, though.

I realize tgtd is a separate project with different devs, but originally I
was gathering info on both the initiator and the target side trying to
squeeze the most performance from both sides.

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 9:24 PM, Gruher, Joseph R <joseph.r.gru...@intel.com