You are likely getting hit by the bandwidth-delay product.
Take a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandwidth-delay_product
and http://www.kehlet.cx/articles/99.html

On 08/25/2014 02:58 PM, Mark Lehrer wrote:
I am trying to achieve10Gbps in my single initiator/single target
env. (open-iscsi and IET)

On a semi-related note, are there any good guides out there to tuning
Linux for maximum single-socket performance?  On my 40 gigabit setup,
I seem to hit a wall around 3 gigabits when doing a single TCP
socket.  To go far above that I need to do multipath, initiator-side
RAID, or RDMA.

Thanks,
Mark

--
Alvin Starr.

--
Alvin Starr                   ||   voice: (416)585-9971x690
Interlink Connectivity        ||   fax:   (416)585-9974