On Aug 26, 2014, at 3:11 PM, Learner <learner.st...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Another related observation and some questions;
>
> I am using open iscsi on init with IET on trgt over a single 10gbps link
>
> There are three ip aliases on each side
>
> I have 3 ramdisks exported by IET to init
>
> I do  iscsi login 3 times, once using each underlying ip address and notice
> that each iscsi session sees all 3 disks.
>
> Is it possible to restrict such that each init only sees one separate disk?

There is no iscsi initiator or target setting for this. The default is to show
all paths (each /dev/sdx is a path to the same device)..

You would have to manually delete some paths by doing

echo 1 > /sys/block/sdX/device/remove

> When I run fio on each mounted disk, I see that only two underlying tcp
> sessions are being used - that limits the perf.
> Any ideas on how to overcome this?

How are you matching sessions with devices? It should just be a matter of
running fio on the right devices. If you run:

iscsiadm -m session -P 3

you can see how the sdXs match up with sessions/connections. If you run fio to
a /dev/sdX from each session, you should be seeing IO to all 3 sessions.