On Dec 9, 2014, at 3:30 PM, awiddersh...@hotmail.com wrote:

> Thanks for the feedback and suggestion. I'm fairly certain (haven't actually
> tried though) that adding iscsi-disk.mount or even iscsi.target to the
> "After=" of the MySQL service would probably solve this problem I don't think
> it's a good solution.
>
> Just to start, I don't think the MySQL package includes anything about the
> remote-fs.target at all. This particular MySQL instance/unit file was home
> grown to include that since it's known it will be running on the iSCSI disk.
>
> The reason I don't feel like adding iscsi-disk.mount is a good solution is
> because that is a dynamically generated file made by systemd when it looks at
> fstab. That means if I choose to change my mount point from /iscsi-disk to
> /foo-bar for example having iscsi.mount as an "After=" will no longer work.
>
> As for adding iscsi.service as an "After=", I also feel like that is
> inadequate. What if the underlying storage becomes NFS instead of iSCSI? The
> whole point of the special systemd remote-fs.target is to handle this and
> ordering properly yet clearly something isn't right here.
>
> While adding these new orderings to the MySQL unit file will help make MySQL
> less upset it doesn't change the fact that it appears that /iscsi-disk is
> being unmounted after iscsi.service is stopped which can cause all sorts of
> file system problems.
>
> Again, I appreciate the attempt at a solution but there is something else
> wrong here that needs a more concrete fix.

If you find that you think something needs to change in the open-iscsi unit
files, please post it here.

I think it would be great if the open-iscsi tree contained a set of systemd
unit files that worked for all distributions. Right now I think each distro has
their own slightly-modified flavor.

--
The Lee-Man
Prepare to be unprepared. -- Me