On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 04:01:37AM +0000, David wrote:

> I've just installed a Centos7 box, fully updated to:
>
> CentOS Linux release 7.2.1511 (Core)
>
> I have installed and set up an iSCSI volume.  Done a mkfs on it.  Mounted
> it.  No problem.
>
> I am having the same problem when shutting down.  The iscsi stuff seems to
> stop before the volume is un-mounted.  I've looked at the systemd files in
> the rest of these posts, and the "fixes" are in place out of the box.
>
> I have one other, possibly related, issue upon start up.  The iscsi
> connection is not automatically "logged" into.  I have to do this manually.
>  Not sure why, as the iscsi systemd files have lines in them saying to auto
> login.

David and I sorted his issue out, the target node record had
node.startup set to "onboot" so it was being treated as an initramfs
managed session needed for the root filesystem.  Resetting it to
"automatic" got things working as expected.

I'm guessing it's from installing the iscsi-initiator-utils package,
creating and bringing up the session manually, and then starting the
iscsi.service unit manually as well.  It's supposed to handle session
startup at boot, so any sessions active when it's started are assumed to
be from the initramfs and switched to "onboot."

Chris