>>> Christian Seiler <christ...@iwakd.de> schrieb am 31.05.2015 um 11:32 in
Nachricht <556ad51a.9080...@iwakd.de>:

[...]
> I disagree here vehemently that it's only useful for development (in
> fact, I would assert that it's rather useless for development and only
> really useful in production), but this would go off a tangent, so I'll
> leave it at that.

IMHO it depends on whom you expect to find the bugs: The developer or the
customer.
Sadly, in the past years most software lets the customer find the bugs (If you
need a popular example, just count the critical messages produced by GNOME)

[...]
> And perhaps more importantly, that's not clear to me at all after
> re-reading your emails: do you object to my patch? Or are you just
> throwing general ideas around?

People are always upset when you question their changes, maybe it's just that.

Regards,
Ulrich