Hi all,

I'm setting up a little test network and am trying to connect my server
(control) to my storage (NAS)  via iSCSI. I'm having a little issue getting
my initiator to see my target.

When I attempt to discover my target, all I get is :

root@control:/home/Administrator# iscsiadm -m discovery -t st -p
192.168.122.9
iscsiadm: No portals found

Both machines can ping, and control can see port 3260 as open according to
nmap :

root@control:/home/Administrator# nmap 192.168.122.9

Starting Nmap 6.00 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2016-03-11 11:35 AST
Nmap scan report for NAS.seamine.local (192.168.122.9)
Host is up (0.000084s latency).
Not shown: 995 closed ports
PORT      STATE SERVICE
22/tcp    open  ssh
111/tcp   open  rpcbind
3260/tcp  open  iscsi <-------
6000/tcp  open  X11
10000/tcp open  snet-sensor-mgmt
MAC Address: 00:24:E8:10:EF:82 (Dell)

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 0.61 seconds

Interestingly, if I only type iscsiadm -m discovery i can see the NAS, but
not the actual target :

root@control:/home/Administrator# iscsiadm -m discovery
NAS.seamine.local:3260 via sendtargets
192.168.122.9:3260 via sendtargets

So, everything seems like it should be go to me, but obviously I'm missing
something.

Thus far I have disabled all firewalls and iptables services on both
machines. I have not enabled CHAP on the target at all. I inputted
control's ip so the target would recognize it in case that was an issue. I
originally did not set this to leave it open.

In fact, here is the target config :

<target iqn.2016-03.seamine.local:target00>
 backing-store /iscsi_disks/disk01.img
 initiator-address 192.168.122.1
 initiator-name 192.168.122.1
</target>

The only other thing I can think of to say is control is running Univention
4.1 (which is basically Debian) and NAS is a CentOS 6.7 machine. I am
running the latest open-iscsi version on both.

Any insights you may have would be appreciated at this point. If there is
any more information I can get you, don't hesitate to ask for it !

-G