> There's one last problem, and that is systems with multiple OpenJPA
> extended products available.  If you've got Kodo and
> ExtendedOpenJPAProductX in your classpath, chances are they'll
> attempt to overwrite each other's configuration defaults and so
> forth.  That's the case now, and what I've proposed thus far does
> nothing to alleviate it.  I think we could probably figure something
> out where the extended product looks for its own PersistenceProvider
> type in persistence.xml when attempting to load() conf, (this is a
> good reason to extend PersistenceProviderImpl even when not
> necessary), and the resulting ConfigurationProvider somehow records
> this info in the Configuration such that other product
> extensions can
> check to see if they're compatible with whatever originally loaded
> the Configuration in their beforeConfigurationLoad, etc
> callbacks.  I
> don't think this is critical right now and I obviously
> haven't worked
> out any details, but it might be something we'll want to tackle
> eventually.

I agree that this is something that we should work out, and is the
reason that I mentioned earlier that we might want a Kodo-specific
PersistenceProvider at the end of the day. Seems like it's in everyone's
best interests for multiple systems with different OpenJPA derivatives
to behave deterministically.

-Patrick
by email and then delete it.