+1 good idea

-----Original Message-----
From: Marc Prud'hommeaux [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Marc
Prud'hommeaux
Sent: May 6, 2007 5:27 PM
To: open-jpa-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: [VOTE] Packaging with maven

Poking around the ActiveMQ pom.xml files, I notice that you can have a different
artifactId than the module name (i.e., directory) you are in. I hadn't known you
could do this.

Currently, our artifacts name are:

   trunk/pom.xml: openjpa
   trunk/openjpa-all/pom.xml: openjpa-all
   trunk/openjpa-project/pom.xml: openjpa-project

We could change these to:

   trunk/pom.xml: openjpa-parent
   trunk/openjpa-all/pom.xml: openjpa
   trunk/openjpa-project/pom.xml: apache-openjpa

I've tested this out, and it results in the openjpa aggregate jar being named
"openjpa-VERSION.jar", the dependency being simply named "openjpa", and the
assembly is named "apache-openjpa-VERSION.zip".
None of the directories needed to be renamed. I've attached the patch that does
this to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-194

Since this will mess up people who currently have maven dependencies on OpenJPA
(i.e., people who depend on "openjpa-all" will now need to depend on "openjpa"),
we should probably get this hammered out before leaving incubation. So I've gone
ahead and turned the [DISCUSS] into a [VOTE] to see if we should go ahead and do
this.

A vote of +1 means we should do the renaming, -1 means we should not, and 0
means "don't care". The vote will remain open until Wednesday May 9th at 23:59
GMT.