Greetings,

We are interested in using OLC to index a geographically partitioned and
distributed open source GIS system for unmanned aircraft systems. OLC seems
like a natural fit for a variety of reasons (varied resolution, cogent grid
system, concise address, open standard, etc). However, we operate in three
dimensions (as do our underwater unmanned system colleagues and our
building information management system colleagues). I'm not sure how this
also pertains to the addressing problem worldwide, but I have lived in
places with no clear address scheme that included multi story buildings.
This is the case even using OLC for our business where our office location
is on the 2nd floor. In many of these cases, a vertical dimension would be
helpful.

We could do our own implementation by appending some sort of elevation or
z-axis, but I'm curious if there are thoughts from the team on a three
dimensional implementation of the system.

Thank you,

Public site: http://www.openlocationcode.com/
Github project: https://github.com/google/open-location-code
Demo site: http://plus.codes/