Hi X,

We designed OLC as a solution for unnamed streets, or places where street
addresses aren't possible/don't exist. We didn't include a 3rd dimension
because:

   1. it's not necessary in probably >90% of addresses
   2. we didn't see any unit being widely used or useful (floor number?
   meters? meters over ground? meters over sea level? which sea level?)
   3. even floor numbers aren't consistent across countries, some use 1 as
   the ground floor and others use 0, or G, or L, etc.

So we left it out. For your case, maybe use OLC as the XY location and then
meters or barometric pressure for height?

Doug Rinckes, Technical Program Manager, Google Switzerland GmbH; 9GHJ+P88 Z
ürich <https://www.google.com/maps/search/9GHJ%2BP88%20Zürich>

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/open-location-code/CAGFr2LK_naZTtkSoSc0tLxvS2sob%2B8o4S8%2BRP0DhmZC67RNR8g%40mail.gmail.com.