Afterthought:

Checked out Kinfu, looks to do something quite similar. I am somewhat
concerned about the resolution currently offered though. I'll see if there
is a way to scale it down to simpler objects for easier atomspace digging
and verification. Otherwise I do understand the draw of Kinfu. Perhaps a
hybrid-type system would be ideal. Off to do more research...

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencog/b467eb13-23dd-46cc-801d-ea1d1b7976e4%40googlegroups.com.