We are undertaking now to port MOSES into the Atomspace (specifically
to make each MOSES deme an Atomspace, while leaving the
deme-management, feature-selection etc. code intact...)...

However as Linas notes, the intersection btw Atomspace and graph-DBs
is not about MOSES in particular....

A few of us have been thinking about potentially connecting Atomspace
to Apache Ignite, so that Ignite could serve as a sort of distributed
backing-store, and the current Atomspace code would serve as the
"local cache" Atomspace on each machine in the distributed network....
  Ignite is an interesting beast which is a sort of middleware layer
between data store and application....   This is not quite the same as
porting Atomspace logic to a graph DB, but perhaps it's in a similar
spirit...

-- Ben

On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 2:50 AM, Linas Vepstas <linasveps...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Not sure why you say "moses" .. it would be "atomspace" to me.
>
> Atomspace has been a kind-of graph database since forever, but there was no
> promotion of it as such on internet forums, and so no one ever heard of it,
> and things like spark/haddoop have taken over 99.99% of the mindshare and
> actual usage.   What to do in that world?  The atomspace still offers some
> neat ideas and concepts, that these other systems can't yet do ... but its
> only a matter of time.   So I'd say: port the atomspace to these graph db
> systems.
>
> --linas
>
> On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 10:01 AM, Mark Waser <mark.wa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> https://www.oreilly.com/ideas/fishing-for-graphs-in-a-hadoop-data-lake
>>

>> So . . . . who wants to port MOSES?
>>
>> --
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencog/00bd01d39b75%24e5a570a0%24b0f051e0%24%40gmail.com.
>

> --
> cassette tapes - analog TV - film cameras - you
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencog/CAHrUA36ScSdVJdgBr%3DmhPPz27-S-JYOAsLcocTEXgibrWsTpuw%40mail.gmail.com.

Ben Goertzel, PhD
http://goertzel.org

"In the province of the mind, what one believes to be true is true or
becomes true, within certain limits to be found experientially and
experimentally. These limits are further beliefs to be transcended. In
the mind, there are no limits.... In the province of connected minds,
what the network believes to be true, either is true or becomes true
within certain limits to be found experientially and experimentally.
These limits are further beliefs to be transcended. In the network's
mind there are no limits." -- John Lilly

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencog/CACYTDBfgoj_4vb65EtwDrBERkEh-_s8F%2BWMAk%3DcqFHwomFbbEA%40mail.gmail.com.