On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 9:31 PM Anton Kolonin @ Gmail <akolo...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Ben, Linas, here is full set of results generated by Alexey:
>
> Results update:

My gut intuition is that the most interesting numbers would be this:

> MWC(GT) MSL(GT) PA      F1
>
> 5       2
> 5       3
> 5       4
> 5       5
> 5       10
> 5       15
> 5       25

because I think that "5" gets you over the hump for central-limit.  But,
per earlier conversation: the disjuncts need to be weighted by something,
as otherwise, you will get accuracy more-or-less exactly equal to MST
accuracy. Without weighting, you cannot improve on MST.   The weighting is
super-important to do, and discovering the best weighting scheme is one
major task (is it MI, surprisingness, something else?)

> I just though that "Currently, Identical Lexical Entries (ILE) algorithm
> builds single-germ/multi-disjunct lexical entires (LE) first, and then
> aggregates identical ones based on unique combinations of disjuncts" is
> sufficient.

OK, so, by "lexical entry", I guess you mean "a single word-disjunct
pair",  where he disjunct connectors have not been clustered? So, yes, if
they are identical, then yes, you should add together the observation
counts.  (It's important to keep track of observation counts; this is
needed for computing MI.)

Note that, in principle, a "lexical entry" could also be a
(grammatical-class, disjunct) pair, or it could be a (word,disjunct-class)
pair, or a (grammatical-class, disjunct-class) pair, where
"grammatical-class" is a cluster, and "disjunct-class" is a disjunct with
connectors to that class (instead of connectors to individual words).  And
please note: what I meant by "disjnuct class" might not be the same thing
as what you think it means, and so, without a lot of extra explanation, it
gets confusing again.

At any rate, if you keep the clusters and aggregates in the atomspace, then
the "matrix" code can compute MI's for them all.  Else, you have to
redesign that from scratch.

Side note: one reason I wanted everything in the atomspace, was so that I
could apply the same class of algos -- computing MI, joining collections of
atoms into networks, MST-like, then clustering, then recomputing MI again,
etc. and leveraging that to obtain synonyms, word-senses, synonymous
phrases, pronoun referents, etc. all without having to have a total
redesign.  To basically treat networks generically, not just networks of
words, but networks of anythings,, expressed as atoms.

--linas

In meantime, it is in the code:

--
cassette tapes - analog TV - film cameras - you

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencog/CAHrUA3558tMk58hF9u%2Be3ZyYdFUTZFAb9xpNKQJxUeXbKNrqyg%40mail.gmail.com.