Hi,

I think everyone understands that

***
The third claim, "the Linas claim", that you love to reject, is that
"when ULL is given a non-lexical input, it will converge to the SAME
lexical output, provided that your sampling size is large enough".
***

but it's not clear for what cases feasible-sized corpora are "large enough" ...

ben

On Sat, Jun 22, 2019 at 11:18 PM Linas Vepstas <linasveps...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Anton,
>
> On Sat, Jun 22, 2019 at 2:32 AM Anton Kolonin @ Gmail <akolo...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>

>> CAUTION: *** parses in the folder with dict files are not the inputs, but
>> outputs - they are produced on basis of the grammar in the same folder, I am
>> listing the input parses below !!! ***
>
> I did not look either at your inputs or your outputs; they are irrelevant for
> my purposes. It is enough for me to know that you trained on some texts from
> project gutenberg.  When I evaluate the quality of your dictionaries, I do
> not use your inputs, or outputs, or software; I have an independent tool for
> the evaluation of your dictionaries.
>
> It would be very useful if you kept track of how many word-pairs were counted
> during training.  There are two important statistics to track: the number of
> unique word-pairs, and the total number observed, with multiplicity.  These
> two numbers are important summaries of the size of the training set.  There
> are two other important numbers: the number of *unique* words that occurred
> on the left side of a pair, and the number of unique words that occurred on
> the right side of a pair. These two will be almost equal, but not quite.  It
> would be very useful for me to know these four numbers: the the first two
> characterize the *size* of your training set; the second two characterize the
> size of the vocabulary.
>>

>> - row 63, learned NOT from parses produced by DNN, BUT from honest
>> MST-Parses, however MI-values for that were extracted from DNN and made
>> specific to context of every sentence, so each pair of words could have
>> different MI-values in different sentences:
>
> OK, Look: MI has a very precise definition. You cannot use some other number
> you computed, and then call it "MI". Call it something else.  Call it "DLA"
> -- Deep Learning Affinity. Affinity, because the word "information" also has
> a very precise definition: it is the log-base-2 of the entropy.  If it is not
> that, then it cannot be called "information".   Call it "BW" -- Bertram
> Weights, if I understand correctly.
>
> So, if I understand correctly, you computed some kind of DLA/BW number for
> word-pairs, and then preformed an MST parse using those numbers?
>
>>  exported in new "ull" format invented by Man Hin:
>
> Side-comment -- you guys seem to be confused about what the atomspace is, and
> what it is good for.  The **whole idea** of the atomspace is that it is a
> "one size fits all" format, so that you do not have to "invent" new formats.
> There is a reason why databases, and graph databases are popular. Inventing
> new file formats is a well-paved road to hell.
>
>> Regarding what you call "the breakthroughs":
>>
>> >Results from the ull-lgeng dataset indicates that the ULL pipeline is a
>> >high- fidelity transducer of grammars. The grammar that is pushed in is the
>> >effec- tively the same as the grammar that falls out. If this can be
> [...]

Ben Goertzel, PhD
http://goertzel.org

"Listen: This world is the lunatic's sphere,  /  Don't always agree
it's real.  /  Even with my feet upon it / And the postman knowing my
door / My address is somewhere else." -- Hafiz

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/opencog/CACYTDBfCqqYbq%3DptiRboyCEv51sHwX2rH_j08pu_7wKsvxT9Mg%40mail.gmail.com.