Hi All,
I'm trying to write a runtime loadable module which uses the SD or Multifile Scientific Data Interface to HDF 4.x. The problem is that if I use the SDstart command to open my file it returns an error code. If I use the DFSD or Single-file Scientific Data Interface I can open the file, but I loose the random access features which make HDF so useful. Has anyone else had any success with writing HDF 4.x modules which use the SD interface? Another option would be to use an outboard module (which worked for 4.1.3), but I'm encountering the previously reported problems with outboard modules for version greater than 4.2.
  Any assistance is greatly appreciated since I'm growing desperate.

Thanks,
Mike

|Michael Wiltberger, Ph.D     |                       |
|NCAR/HAO                     | Life's unfair -       |
|3450 Mitchel Lane            |  but the root         |
|Boulder, CO 80301            |  password helps!      |
|Ph: (303)497-1532            | VI VI VI              |
|Fx: (303)497-2180            |   The editor of the   |
|email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]     |   beast               |