Thanks a lot for your help, David.

I tried the following but was not able to connect the UI to the
running server:

> ddd dxui
  ..... once it runs, I set up some break points and tehn hit "run" to
        start the dx server
> dx -uionly
  ..... I then try to connect to the existing running server but have no
        idea which port I should connect to (the default 1900 does not
        work)

Please advise and thank you very much for your help and patience!

Jack