Dear DXplorers,

I just increased my RAM to 512 MB so as to maximise the effectiveness of openDX, but I have been unable to complete the "flag waving" exercise in "Paths to Visualization" owing to apparent memory shortages. At one point, the Message Window displayed:

"ERROR: Image: Display: Out of Memory: screen subdivision failed"

despite the fact that I seemed to have 303 MB free RAM and 2.83 GB free HDD. I got around this by resetting the Server Connection.

Now, I can't change the view of the mapped flag without getting this:

"ERROR: Compute: Out of memory: reached limit of 23068672 in large arena"

(I can keep resetting the Server Connection, but that won't let me use {Sequencer} as in the example.)

I tried running DX using:

        $ DX -memory 256

but the same thing happened. (I have been unable to find the syntax for this command, so I don't know if I'm really specifying megabytes.)

Happy New Year, anyway!

Allen H. Nugent
Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering
University of New South Wales
Sydney NSW 2052 Australia
Tel: +61 2 9385 3916 Fax: +61 2 9663 2108