Hi,

IN A NUTSHELL, I am having trouble displaying results from a remote
OpenDX server.  When I try to display an image (with the Image module)
I get this message:

ERROR: Image: Display:  Bad parameter: Cannot open X display ':0.0'

IN DETAIL, there are two computers: one mainframe and one desktop.
The mainframe is IBM SP RS/6000 with AIX 5.2, where I run the OpenDX
server.  The desktop is i686 SMP with GNU/Linux 2.6.10, where I run
the OpenDX GUI.

I connect from the desktop to the mainframe with:
ssh -L 1900:localhost:1900 mainframe

With the "-L" option above I make the mainframe:1900 socket visible on
my desktop as the localhost:1900 socket.  I need to do this because
both computers are behind firewalls, and SSH is the only way of
communication.

At the mainframe I start the server this way:
dx -execonly

At the desktop I start the GUI this way:
dx -uionly

Then in the GUI I do: Connection->Start Server- and enter "local host"
as the hostname and "connect to already running server" at port 1900.

I can see the connection has been established, I am able to run the
program, but then I get this error (the same as at the beginning of
the message):

ERROR: Image: Display:  Bad parameter: Cannot open X display ':0.0'

QUESTION: why do I get this error and what should I do to see my
image?

Thanks for your time!

Best,
Irek