With the current Import, there is no way to do this. You would have to write your own custom Import. You could re-organize your data to be a series of fields at which point you could then select and only Import one at a time--but then you have the issue of how do you get the list of members to select from without Importing the entire data set.

David

Hi,

I have a .dx file which contains several fields. There is a list of the name of these components in the file. So I use extract to read in this list, which is then passwd to a Selector to pick one out for visualization:

FileSelector -> Import -> Extract (list) -> Selector (showing the list) -> Mark (one component) -> IsoSurface -> autoColor -> Img

I noticed that when I fired up openDX it will read in ALL component fields. The memory requirement for each of the component field is not very big. But since I have 100 or so component fields, I am afraid DX will exhaust the memory by reading all of them in.

So my question is, how can I read in just one component each time. When I changed to another component (through the Selector), is it possible to flush the previous component and read in the new one?

Thank you for reading this.

Linhui Ye
Northwestern University

David L. Thompson                   Visualization and Imagery Solutions, Inc.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]    5515 Skyway Drive, Missoula, MT 59804
                                    Phone : (406)756-7472