Actually SNOMED did exist when we designed the openEHR RM, and even if today's SNOMED CT had existed we would have done pretty much the same thing I think. The Observation model for example is a structural model of time series data, adapted to direct software use. Trying to use SNOMED to code all that would be painful, and contrary to what SNOMED is for.

There are other things we know we would change (AFAIK, all on the PR tracker somewhere), but I can't imagine wanting to throw out basic structures that make developers lives easier.

- thomas