I have no experience with Discourse, I cannot judge how it works. Some people, I see, like it.

Important is the push-effect. I read the openehr mailing list because it is pushed to me. Else I would not read it. Sorry for that, but my days are very filled up, it is easy to not do something. I am a member of some forums, became a member because I needed some advice, and there are people on a forum posting all day.
But as soon as my business on a forum is done, I forget to go there.

> Picking up on Bert's earlier suggestion, is there room for a 'professional' membership category, costing just under 100 euro per annum? Essentially the same as individual membership but giving very small commercial entities, the ability to post news of software and educational events.

Thanks Ian for picking up and I agree with how you reformulated the idea.

Bert