I agree with Ian, at least for your case those those LOINC codes could be
used to bind the container Element, but not the unit itself. Units are
coded using UCUM standard, so they are already semantically
queryable/interpretable.

--
David Moner Cano
Grupo de Informática Biomédica - IBIME

Universidad Politécnica de Valencia (UPV)
Camino de Vera, s/n, Edificio G-8, Acceso B, 3ª planta
Valencia – 46022 (España)