Från: openEHR-clinical [mailto:openehr-clinical-boun...@lists.openehr.org] För
GF
Skickat: den 12 mars 2018 12:51
Till: Birger Haarbrandt <birger.haarbra...@plri.de>
Kopia: For openEHR clinical discussions <openehr-clinical@lists.openehr.org>
Ämne: Re: Terminology bindings ... again

Hi,

As far as I remember this separation was the result of agreements between LOINC
and SNOMED.

When I was looking for codes that could be attached to nodes in the archetype I
was referred to LOINC.
SNOMED made it clear that they were not the party that could help me.

In a way it can make sense.
SNOMED has a real ontology behind it. And is using the Open World assumption.
LOINC is NOT an terminology but as I see it a Classification with rules and a
syntax.

LOINC and Archetypes are really Closed World artefacts.

Gerard   Freriks
+31 620347088
  gf...@luna.nl<mailto:gf...@luna.nl>

Kattensingel  20
2801 CA Gouda
the Netherlands

On 12 Mar 2018, at 09:12, Birger Haarbrandt