On the question of OPT2, it's fully defined from the point of view of ADL2, which is to say that if you run the 'flatten' operation on an ADL2 source template, it generates something for you, which can be serialised in ADL2, ODIN, JSON, YAML and XML (the ADL WB does this, and I didn't check, but I assume Archie replicates these).

However... there is the question of post-processing the flattened output ('Raw OPT' in the diag below) to do things like choosing/reducing languages, possibly removing annotations, reducing terminology bindings, potentially replacing inline at- and ac-codes with their binding values (i.e. concept or value-set refs from actual terminologies).

opt tool chain

See here in the OPT2 spec <https://specifications.openehr.org/releases/AM/latest/OPT2.html#_types_of_opt>. These post-processing stages are what need further specification.

The AOM2 XSD is here <https://github.com/openEHR/specifications-ITS-XML/tree/master/components/AM/latest>, which I think is the one I wrote some years ago, possibly amended by others since. I doubt if this has undergone sufficient rigorous testing to be considered entirely reliable yet.

With respect to preserving lineage in templates, this was contemplated in the Archetype Identification spec <https://specifications.openehr.org/releases/AM/latest/Identification.html#_supporting_archetype_based_querying>, but not integrated into any other specification at this stage.

- thomas