Hi Paul, hi the list,

Thanks for your post - I thought nobody took the time to read mine ;o)

I tried to keep my post in the range of openEHR, however, since you are
pushing me one step further, I need to tell that, from my point of view,
continuity of care is probably a step to cross, but not the ultimate goal.

Once you agree that the patient is the owner of a system (say the EHR in
the taxonomy you are proposing), you have to ask yourself : "when, why and
by who shall this system get used ?". If you think that Electronic Health
Record is the right concept for continuity of care, it is probably because
you realized that Health doesn't mean "no disease", and that even people
with chronic disease are most often managing their health than they are
subject of care.

The conclusion we made is that if the system belongs to the patient, it
must be a tool for the person (and not only the patient). So, this very
tool must be a he "health capital" manager. Since the system we are working
on is problem oriented, and it allows to establish health objectives - and
not only records, we called it : Individual Health Project.

Now the taxinomy is richer, with three acronyms EMR, EHR and IHP ;o)

Philippe

please send a message to d.lloyd at openehr.org