Hi Thomas,

Thomas Beale wrote:

> > reads as well as writes.  That way, the trail would lead to the
> > providers that have, with permission, made copies of the EHR within
> > their own systems.
> >
> > > SH: True - it will only be able to be stored as an HTML rendition
> > unless there is an extract in openEHR - but you are right - this could
> > be saved - this is difficult to police.
> >
> > Oops!  I'd assumed there would be extracts in openEHR.  HIPAA
> > specifies, under the Transaction Rules that go into effect in October
> > of this year, a number of EDI transactions between systems that would
> > require this.  HTML will not be sufficient.
>
> Can anyone clarify this bit of the debate - I have lost track of what is
> being said here!

I was inquiring about the audit trail capabilities intended to be
incorporated in v1.0 of openEHR and Sam was very graciously trying to
enlighten me.  His commment re: HTML made me expand the question to
extracts.  I'm not sure I was sufficiently clear about my line of
questioning, and comments by others make me wonder whether or not I should
take this off-line.  I am specifically trying to ascertain the applicability
of openEHR to the emerging requirements here in the U.S. and do not wish to
infringe on the group's bandwidth if there is a less intrusive way to handle
my questions.  Please let me know how you'd like me to proceed.  And thank
you all for your patience to date.

Best regards,
Bill

please send a message to d.lloyd at openehr.org